- Invisalign clear aligners can fix your teen’s orthodontic problems with more precision and less discomfort than conventional metal braces. Your youngster will also be able to look forward to a great smile while experiencing minimal disruption to their everyday life.
- Invisalign clear aligners are great for teens because they are practically invisible and their removability means your youngster can eat whatever they want. Being able to take out their Invisalign appliance also avoids the oral hygiene problems associated with metal braces.
- The Invisalign aligner takes the form of a thin plastic tray that fits over the teeth. Your teen will wear a series of aligners that gradually move their teeth into better positions. Aligners are customized with the help of computer software that considers exactly where the teeth are now and pinpoints where they need to be.
- Each tray in the series is worn for about two weeks and shifts the teeth gradually. With time, these slight movements can add up to a big change for the better, giving your teen an impressive, healthy smile.
- The aligners are designed to be worn 20 to 22 hours a day, allowing your youngster to take them out for meals and sports. They can also be removed for important social occasions – although it’s doubtful anyone will notice the clear aligner.